..
Well folks! the 'The End' of Welsh Remembrancer after 27 - 04 - 2012 is on the horizon, I would rather forget than remember Welsh History, not least my own 'Nationalist History'. Going way back to my school days on a fading memory trip to some where late 'Fifties', see 'Madman' TV series, reminds me that I was born into this ' Americanna' background via my Dad's (RIP, today would be his Birthday) love of American 'Big Bands' of inter war years, American singers and musicals. That was my 'Cultural Background' and I continued therein and into the 'sixties' where I was more interested in American music than 'Canu Cymraeg'. The first record I bough was a Little Richard E.P and second 'Ring of Fire' by Duane Eddy (1961) and later the Johny Cash version(1963).
.
Then my music tastes balanced out between 'Motown' and the 'Beachboys', I was hardly interested in English 'Rock' music at all, nor as I have said 'Canu Cymraeg'. Other than Welsh Hymns, my fondest for such as stuck with me to this day, such can bring tears to my eyes especially at funerals. My love of Welsh Hymns came not from Chapel but Assembly at School, the day they stopped holding such led to the rise and success of Max Boyce and in recent years Katherne Jenkins and Charlotte Church having to sing at the Arms Park, whoops! I mean the Millenium Stadium! Anyway enough of my 'Green Remembered Hills'. which does have a kind of resemblance to Denis Potter's 'Blue Remembered Hills', see links below may interest you?
.

..
Blue Remembered Hills - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blue Remembered Hills
"Play for Today" Blue Remembered Hills (1979)
Directed by Brian Gibson. With Colin Welland, Michael Elphick, Robin Ellis. Visit IMDb for Photos, Showtimes, Cast, Crew, Reviews, Plot Summary, Comments, ...
www.imdb.com/title/tt0078882/ - Cached - Similar.Dennis Potter's play as a grim conclusionsimilar with themes common in 'Lord of the Flies'and in our contemporary times, the film 'The Beach'.However, my 'Green Remembered Hills' areremembered with great fondness growing up inSouthern Wales during the late 'forties' (Merthyr & Gilfach)into the 'fifties' (Pencoed & Bridgend) . Then alongcame the 'Sixties' and, a period of which 'I am a victimof', see link >.Field of Dreams is a 1989 American drama sports film directed andadapted by Phil Alden Robinson from the novel Shoeless Joe.The consequence of being there, yes! 'Back in the Day',whilst there are a few today who were not there, not evenborn then! who by voluntary design chose to beRetro 'Sixties' Patriots' and into all that ''sixties stuff''.However, they had the chance to 'live the dream' inCaernarfon on 27 - 04 - 2010 but pathetically failed?Sad but true when 'push came to shove', they werelacking in the nerve & guts to shove! So can we treatthem